Saturday 30 April 2011

nostalgia...what a way to hold up saturday cleaning

so I am many things and one of them is a pack-rat. I seriously hold on to like everything. however, I am also a pretty organized person, so I try to keep all of my things in a very organized manner. I think I pretty much have every letter, card, or note I have been given since the age of 13. I would just throw them into the bottom drawer of my jewelry box. one day I came across this and knew something needed to be done. I didn't want to throw away these messages of encouragement, but I couldn't just have them taking over valuable jewelry box space. I found a scrapbook that just had blank pages on it without page covers, so I bought it and started pasting in the cards and envelopes to hold my letters. today while cleaning my room, I kept finding random notes or cards from either before my mission or after, so I thought it was time to update the book...which lead to my reading the book. probably the greatest note I found was one I had written to myself, probably in young women's around the age of 13. it reads:
dear me,
hey self. yeah, right. just do better with school. and boys. goodness they're hard to figure out.  remember when everything was so clear? screw it all just READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!!!
<3 me
gotta love how really...nothing has changed :)
ofcourse I had to make a little crane for this photo shoot. he's made out of an envelope from a letter I recently received. I realize there are lots of habits I have that some might think I got from my mission, but I had them long before. one being a love of writing letters. so, you want to write me letters, I guarantee you something cool in return.
enjoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment